Semi-Freestanding Bridge Crane Runway
When a new or existing building has enough reserve capacity to resist the longitudinal and lateral forces, CraneWerks can attach the columns and runways to these buildings, reducing the amount of steel required. Ideal for situations requiring minimum floor obstructions and maximum headroom (hook height). Engineering services are available through CraneWerks to help determine if your building has the required strength to support one of these budget-friendly runway systems.
A main feature of a semi-freestanding overhead traveling crane system is a top running single- or double-girder bridge crane designed with the bridge on the top of the runway. The crane runway is positioned on self-supporting columns. For greatest use and versatility, consider adding two or more bridge cranes onto the same runway.
- Capacities vary from one to 50 tons
- Available in unlimited lengths
- Columns fasten directly in to a 6-inch concrete floor (or adequately sized foundation)
- Push, motor driven, and hand geared bridge cranes available
- Custom engineered to meet your building specifications
- Ships complete with runway electrification, assembly manual, hardware and anchor bolts (if required)
- Comprehensive approval drawings supplied in AutoCAD format
- AISC-specified runway systems
- Custom explosion-proof and food-grade systems are offered
- Licensed engineers review all system designs